A service technician/mechanic at Brindlee Mountain works on Fire Trucks, on the local campus and at remote locations. The service technician/mechanic position is key as BMFA looks to support local fire departments through the service, repair and preventive maintenance of fire trucks. A successful candidate will be a hard worker who can embrace the fast paced culture of BMFA.
Job Title: Service Technician-Mechanic
Staff Level: Full Time
FLSA: Exempt (Hourly)
Reports to: Service Lead
- Demonstrates care and concern towards fellow workers, members of the team and the community, and demonstrates a servant’s attitude at all times.
Endorses and displays support of BMFA's mission, vision, values, team culture, and operating principles.
- A minimum of three years of mechanic experience
- Diesel engine experience a plus
- Emergency Vehicle mechanic work a plus
- Electrical experience within an automotive repair facility a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must exhibit a strong work ethic and be a self-starter
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS LEADING TO SUCCESS
- Work efficiently and safely to repair fire trucks
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Maintain quality workmanship at all times
- Must work well within a team environment
TRAINING REQUIREMENT WITHIN FIRST YEAR OF EMPLOYMENT
- Obtain a CDL within first 120 days of employment
- Complete EVT courses 1, 2, and 3 within 1 year of employment
- Complete ASE T8 within first 180 days of employment
- BMFA provided internal training with first 90 days of employment
- Develop relationships with customers as opportunities present themselves.
- Develop yourself and your skills by making the most of the training opportunities whether internal or external
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Full-time, hourly; up to 50% travel, some overnight
- Health benefits are available to the employee in a cost sharing basis through BMFA
- Optional enrollment into the BMFA retirement plan, with potential of matching funds after 12 months of employment
- Salary discussed and agreed upon by employee and employer
- Vacation is awarded according to personnel policies